11/23/09

Creamy Jalapeno Dip


This stuff is good. Spicy, but good. The possibilities are endless with this stuff. Mix it in with some beans and make a bean dip. Put it on a burrito. Use it as a dip alongside chips. Dunk your taquitos in it. Baby carrots. Pretty much anything. Rob insists that I have this in the fridge at all times.



I usually use fat-free cream cheese and low-fat sour cream to even it out a bit.

Jalapeno Dip

2 cups sour cream (or a whole 16oz container)
1 block cream cheese, softened
1 small can green chiles, drained
1 small can jalapenos with carrots, drained well (in the Mexican food aisle)
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp. taco seasoning (if you're gluten-free check for that)

Toss the jalapenos & garlic in the food processer and pulse until mostly chopped. Add everything else into the food processer (or if you have a super-power blender). Blend until everything is incorporated.


 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe today for Bethie to dip carrots after school. And, I also used my new food processor for the first time. Everything worked perfectly. Delicious! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I have some jalapenos and carrots I canned last season that should pack a solid kick to this dip! Thanks for the solid snacketizer recipe!
    http://middleclasskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete