3/7/13

Garlic, Rosemary & Olive Oil Quinoa




This photo isn't a great one of just the quinoa, but I just threw the side dish together, not thinking it would be super tasty...but it was. So when Rob insisted that I blog the "recipe" I had to make it again and take notes, this is such an easy, quick side dish that would go with lots of dinners.  I served it with Hummus Crusted Chicken, which I will blog later, and it was a yummy, healthy meal!

On a side note, I buy my quinoa at Costco in a big bag and it's much cheaper than at the health food store...in case you were wondering.

Garlic, Rosemary & Olive Oil Quinoa

1 c. quinoa
2 c. water
2 Tb. olive oil
2 heaping Tb minced onion (red, yellow or white onion, or shallot)
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
3/4 tsp. dried rosemary
salt & pepper to taste

Combine the quinoa and water in a sauce pan and cover. Heat on medium-high heat until it starts to boil, turn heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.  In the meantime, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a skillet.  Cook the minced onion 2-3 minutes and stir in garlic and rosemary heating another minute.  Turn the heat off and let the oil sit until the quinoa is cooked.  Once the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and pour in the olive oil mixture.  Serve right away.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. The quinoa was quite good, hovewer since I like strong flavours, I would up the flavoured oil/quinoa ratio. I also added grilled mushrooms, delicious, thank you!

    ReplyDelete