12/10/09

Steak & Feta Scramble


Somehow we had some leftover steak. I realize this is pretty much an oxymoron but it happened. In which case I was NOT going to throw the leftovers away! So I made this scramble the other morning before we took Rob to the airport for another two weeks in China (sniff). It turned out great. My kids love eggs so I scramble up pretty much anything to get rid of leftovers.





Steak & Feta Scramble


8 eggs

3 Tb. milk or cream

2 Tb. diced red onion

1/3 cup diced steak (cooked)

2 Tb. feta cheese crumbled

salt, pepper, garlic

Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the milk or cream. Scramble them up. Over medium heat saute the onion for a couple minutes in a large skillet. I used cooking spray but butter would be delicous. Add in the steak and just heat through. Pour the eggs in, add the cheese and season with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. (I added a little drizzle of truffle oil....yum.) Scramble until the eggs are done.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment