4/25/10

Apricot Brie


I love brie. I would eat it cold. I remember when Rob and I were first dating someone threw a birthday party for him and made brie with strawberry jam...I was a little skeptical, but it was so good! My friend is a Pampered Chef consultant and she had a recipe really similar to this and I just adapted it to make it a little bit easier, cheaper. It's yummy.

I usually get my brie rounds at Sam's Club or Costco for a great price. Also, there's jalapeno in this but don't be afraid it just gives a tiny kick, you can hardly taste it. If you like more spice, add more jalapeno.

Apricot Brie

1 lb brie round

1/3 cup apricot preserves
3 Tb minced jalapeno
1 baguette or other dipping options
olive oil
Preheat oven to 425. Mix together the brie and jalapeno. Slice the brie in half lengthwise. Spread half the apricot mixture on the bottom half, place the other half of the brie on top and spread the rest of the apricot mixture on the top of that. Place the brie on a baking sheet or stone and surround with baguette slices. Drizzle the baguette with olive oil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bread is toasted and the brie is soft.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment