6/28/10

Creamy Black Bean Burritos


I found the idea for this recipe on a blog and I cannot find the link to save my life--so please forgive me for not giving credit...If I find it I'll show you! (Found it! Here's the original recipe!)
These burritos are super simple to throw together and VEERY inexpensive so a super saver. This is perfect for coming home from the pool and having hungry kids and wanting dinner on the table immediately. (to make this into a yummy dip for tortilla chips, use only one can of black beans, smashed)



Creamy Black Bean Burritos
1 can black beans, drained rinsed and mashed (I use a potato masher)
AND 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c. salsa, drained well (you can substitute a can of rotel, drained well)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
salt & pepper to taste
Tortillas of your choice
 
Toppings:
shredded lettuce
diced red onion
diced tomato
cilantro
sour cream
shredded cheese
taco sauce
Mix beans, cream cheese, salsa and seasonings together either in a glass bowl or in a small sauce pan. Heat on the stove or in the microwave until hot. Assemble burritos with any of your desired toppings. Yum! **Note: I believe that really, truly taco sauce makes this. Not to be confused with salsa, which is also great....but sooo different.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment