6/22/10

Easy Baked Beans

I love baked beans. I just really like beans in general so during the winter I make lots of chili and in the summer, lots of baked beans. I'm not the hugest fan of just opening a can of Bush's and heating them up--I like to doctor them first--so much better! These beans are super simple and quick to throw together and I make them all the time. The last time I made them (with the ribs previously posted) I actually measured the ingredients for the first time so I could share the recipe.

Sorry, again o picture. I forgot to take a picture of the entire meal. Luckily you all know what a pan of baked beans look like. These beans would be a cinch to throw together for your 4th of July BBQ!

Easy Baked Beans

1 28 oz can Pork and Beans
1 15 oz can Pork and Beans
1 medium onion
6 strips bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (I use turkey bacon, chop it up first and cook it in a frying pan with some cooking spray at med-high heat until crisp)
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 c. bbq sauce
1 tsp tabasco
dash worcestershire

Preheat your oven to 375. Drain off most of the juice from the pork and beans cans and discard of the gross white "pork". Pour the beans into an 8x8 inch pan. Chop the onion and saute in some butter or cooking spray until translucent. Add in the onion, bacon, sugar, bbq sauce, tabasco, and worcestershire. Mix well and bake 20 minutes uncovered.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment