7/17/10

Asparagus and Roasted peppers


Yum. I found this recipe in a cookbook my friend gave me called Eat Drink Live. It's a great book with lots of vibrant pictures that makes you want to make the food. Unfortunately I'm not a photographer so my picture isn't doing justice to this sidedish, but it was so good. We had company, and I don't even remember who--but they loved it too.

I went ahead and roasted my own peppers but you could certainly toss in some jarred red peppers at the end just to heat them through to make it simpler. I did make a couple changes to the recipe just to make it simpler.

Asparagus and Roasted Peppers
3 red bell peppers
2 red onions
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tb balsamic vinegar
sea salt and fresh black pepper
parmesan cheese

Turn the oven on to broil and stick the peppers right on the oven rack. Keep an eye on them and turn them over when the skin is turning black. Once the second side is black, remove the peppers and put them in a bowl and cover it with foil. This will make the skins come off really easily. When cool, peel the peppers. Cut them in half and remove the seeds and cut the peppers in big chunks or wedges. Turn the oven to bake at 450. On a cookie sheet toss the asparagus, peppers, and onions--cut into small wedges. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle on the salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the veggies. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, stir and then another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with freshly shredded or shaved parmesan cheese at the end. I served this with a steak and potatoes, it was great!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment