3/28/11

Herbed Potato Salad


I happened to have a 3 pound bag of Yukon Gold potatoes and wanted to make a potato salad so I went to my second favorite recipe site and found this recipe.  It is a hit.  I love it because it's different and it comes together really quickly with few ingredients.  I've caught Rob standing in front of the fridge eating this out of a tupperware a couple times.  He likes it.

The second time I made this I had red potatoes on hand and they worked well and I microwaved the potatoes, which is super classy, but it worked out well and didn't dirty a pot. 

This salad would be good warm or room temperature or even cold if you want to make it a day ahead of time.  We had it with burgers the first time I made it and flank steak and grilled asparagus yesterday I think it would go well with any summer meal.


Herbed Potato Salad

3 lbs Yukon Gold OR red potatoes
1 c. white wine
3 Tb white wine vinegar or white vinegar
2 Tb olive oil
1 Tb honey dijon or dijon mustard
3/4 tsp salt (I used sea salt)
3/4 tsp pepper
2 (or 5) garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. chives or green onions, chopped
1/4 c. parsley, chopped

Scrub the potatoes and boil them until just fork tender.  Drain and let cool a few minutes.  While the potatoes are cooking, bring the wine to a boil in a small saucepan and let it cook until it it reduced by half.  Once the wine is reduced mix together the wine, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic and set aside.  Slice the potatoes in thin slices and toss together the potatoes, dressing mixture, chives and parsley. 







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment