10/10/11

Classic Bruschetta



We love bruschetta. So much. This recipe I just threw together and we love it. Very fresh and summery and a great use of the giant bush of basil I now have growing in my backyard!

Last night when I made this I wrote it all down, so here for you is the bruschetta recipe.







Classic Bruschetta1 baguette
olive oil for drizzling
4 on-the-vine tomatoes or 5 roma tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (measured before chopped)
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 Tb balsamic vinegar
2-3 Tb olive oil

Slice the baguette into 1/4'' slices (or so). Drizzle with olive oil and broil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Slice the tomatoes in half and remove all of the seeds. Chop the tomatoes and toss together with basil, salt, pepper, basil, garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Serve immediately.



post signature
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Val, I have been enjoying your blog for a few weeks now... my mother shared your blog with me while I was home this Thanksgiving. She made me one of your many enchilada dishes and your White chicken Chili, I loved them! I then came home and my household lived off your soups for a week. I have now made many of your yummy dishes for my family. Your Pizza Pot Pie was a big hit the other night but we are now calling it upside down pizza...LOL hope you dont mind. I have been sharing you blog with my blog readers and on my facebook page.
    Thank you for spicing up my kitchen with some new meals.
    ~Shauna Lileks
    Outaboutphotography

    ReplyDelete