4/2/12

Mango Quinoa Salad


My entire family loves this salad and I've adapted it a few times, finally coming up with the perfect recipe for us and perfectly acccomodates my Weight Watchers points allotment.  It isn't over-dressed just a small bit of olive oil and red wine vinegar.  The best part is this is naturally allergen-friendly.  You could easily adapt the veggies and fruit for what you have.  I think fresh pineapple or peaches would be good.  I've used red or green onions and many colors of bell pepper based on what I had.
Try this salad with meat off the grill this summer for an oven-free meal.  (We had some wild-caught Alaskan salmon...yum!)

Mango Quinoa Salad
recipe inspired from Our Best Bites

2 c. cooked quinoa (any color)
2 small mangoes, or 1 large, diced small
1 c. cucumber, diced (I peel conventional cucumbers, but not English cucumbers)
1/4 c. red or green onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
3 Tb. red wine vinegar
2 Tb. olive oil
3 Tb. fresh lime juice
salt & pepper to taste
dash of sugar or honey

Cook the quinoa and let cool.  In a large bowl mix together quinoa, mango, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and cilantro.  To make the dressing mix together vinegar, oil, lime juice, salt & pepper and sweetener.  Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to eat.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Sasha19/5/12

    Just made this with the leftover quinoa from the bowls the other night. This is my new favorite dish! Thx for posting :)

    ReplyDelete