7/11/12

Creamy Chocolate Frosting


This recipe post is long overdue, I've made this frosting several times and it is so good!  These days, I don't bake much and I try to really limit my sweets, but this is a great "go-to" chocolate frosting recipe for your next birthday cake and the leftovers are great for graham crackers!

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and doesn't need many alterations.  It calls for evaporated milk but I just use regular milk and it's great.  I always double it for a two-layer cake and have some leftover for aforementioned graham crackers.

The recipe is not for a double batch, so double at your discretion.

Creamy Chocolate Frosting
recipe from Allrecipes.com

2 3/4 c. powdered sugar
6 Tb cocoa powder
6 Tb butter
3-5 Tb milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder together in a medium bowl.  I use a small mesh strainer.  In a large bowl cream butter with a hand mixer until smooth.  Gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with milk.  Add milk until frosting is at the consistency you like.  Blend in vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.  Use on chocolate or yellow cake.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment