9/16/12

Kale Salad



I have recently come to enjoy kale.  It took a few tries and a little bit of getting used to the strong flavor but I love it now!  Sauteed is one of my favorite ways but after I had it raw in a salad at of my favorite restaurants, Windsor I had to try it.  Because the kale is so hearty it helps to toss the salad with the dressing and let it marinate in the fridge a while to soften up the leaves.  Rob and I loved this, the kids were a little more skeptical, but we will make it over and over again for us and force the kids to take a few bites!  Citrus goes well with kale so I used the dressing from the Quinoa Salad with Shrimp & Lemon Vinaigrette recipe, with plenty leftover to marinate some chicken another time.
 
Kale Salad
 
2 bunches kale, rinsed and chopped
2 carrots, grated or shaved
2 roma tomatoes or one large beefsteak tomato, seeded & chopped
handfull of dried cranberries or cherries
1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
 
Toss all veggies together in a large bowl.  Drizzle some dressing (about a cup) over and toss to coat.  Chill for at least an hour before serving.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment