11/10/12

BBQ Chicken Nachos with BBQ Chipotle Ranch




We like bbq chicken anything it seems.  So, when I was staring at a good amount of leftover grilled chicken I really wanted to mix it with barbecue sauce and this recipe was invented in that moment.  As weird as it sounds, we loved it.  My kids would eat almost anything on a chip and this was no exception. I used refried black beans but if that sounds strange to you plain black beans would be just perfect.  Some roasted corn would be really good on these also.

BBQ Chicken Nachos

  • 1 12.5 oz bag tortilla chips (enough to cover a large cookie sheet)
  • 2 c. chopped chicken
  • 1/4-1/3 c. barbecue sauce (you don't want the chicken to be too soaked with bbq)
  • 3/4 c. refried black beans (or sub regular black beans)
  • 2 c. shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
  • 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 c. chopped bell pepper, any color
  • 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 c. ranch dressing
  • 1 tsp. chipotle puree (tutorial here)
  • 2 tsp. barbecue sauce

Preheat the oven to 425.  Stir chicken and barbecue sauce together in a small bowl. In a separate bowl combine the ranch dressing, chipotle puree and 2 tsp. barbecue sauce. Spread the chips over a large cookie sheet in one layer.  Then sprinkle the chicken, black beans, cheese, onion and bell pepper over the chips.  Bake 10 minutes, keeping an eye that the chips don't brown too much.  Once the cheese is melted remove from the oven.  Sprinkle on the cilantro and drizzle the Chipotle BBQ Ranch over the top.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog! I can't believe I haven't found it before, considering I'm into budget recipes as well.
    Anyway, there are lots of creative recipes on here I'd like to try, including the jalapeno pesto.

    Do you have a Facebook page? Or is there another way to easily subscribe? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you! I will check out your page, being frugal can be fun. Right now the best way to follow is to subscribe by email (top right of the blog) or follow on Flipboard if you have an iphone/ipad. Soon I will get that facebook page going!

      Delete