3/23/13

Ranch Dressing



I'm trying to cut down on chemicals and random ingredients I don't know so I thought I would try out the Pioneer Woman's ranch dressing.  It turned out pretty good! I like less of a mayo taste so I evened out the mayo/sour cream ratio so if you love mayo, add more of that and less of the sour cream.  I whipped up this batch for the buffalo chicken quinoa salad I'm going to post next and it was great drizzled on top!

Ranch Dressing
recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman

3/4 c. mayo
3/4 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vinegar
lots of black pepper (to your taste)
a few drops of worcestershire
dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. dried dill
2 Tb. dried parsley or 1/4 c. fresh parsley
2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 green onions, coarsely chopped
3/4 c. milk (maybe more)

Toss the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, pepper, worcestershire, cayenne, dill, parsley, garlic and green onions into the blender, pulse until everything is chopped and incorporated.  Pour in the milk and blend to incorporate.  Add more milk depending on the consistency you like.  Refrigerate until you need it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment