10/16/09

Chocolate Chip Cookies
















Have I mentioned I really don't enjoy baking at all? When cooking, I love to just make up recipes as I go and throw it all together. Baking requires exact measurements. Following recipes. I'm not into that. BUT, don't get me wrong-- I do love eating baked goods! I usually try to avoid them because of, well you know...the perpetual diet. But I now have a part time job baking cookies. I've gotten the recipe down for greeeaaat puffy chocolate chip cookies thanks to a couple of tips from my mother in law. So, here's my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Try it, I can almost guarantee that you'll love them.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks Blue Bonnet Margarine

3/4 c. brown sugar

3/4 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

3 1/4 c. flour (Yes, I typed that correctly. 3 1/4 cups flour)

2 c. chocolate chips
Cream the margarine. Add in sugars and mix well. Add eggs and mix well. Mix in vanilla, soda, salt until incorporated. Add in flour gradually and then stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 10-12 minutes depending on your oven. Mine is 11 minutes 30 seconds exactly.


It should be noted that although a Kitchen-Aid mixer is not necessary to make great cookies....it sure makes life a lot nicer. I seriously LOVE my Kitchen-Aid mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment