10/19/09

Parmesan Truffle Cauliflower

I bought some white truffle oil recently. It has pretty much changed my life. Almost everything tastes good with a tiny drizzle of truffle oil on it. I say almost only because I haven't tried it on everything yet, but everything that I have tried it on is totally delicious. You don't have to go to a specialty store to buy truffle oil. You can buy it at Super Target in the olive oil section. I bought a huge bottle of it at a little bistro in NYC, but you certainly don't need to get it there.

The other night I made some oven roasted cauliflower with a little bit of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Then when I took it out of the oven I drizzled just a little bit of the truffle oil on top and added some parmesan cheese and tossed it all up. It was so yummy. We ate every single piece. I highly recommend this recipe!

Parmesan Truffle Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower cut into flowerettes
2 tsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
1/2-1 tsp. truffle oil
1 heaping Tbsp. parmesan cheese

Pre-heat oven to 425. Arrange cauliflower on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. Toss to coat. Bake 30 minutes, stirring with a spatula every 10 minutes. When the cauliflower is browned put into a bowl and drizzle with truffle oil and parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment