10/9/09

Salsa




Calling me a novice blogger would be a little generous. I'm a little bit technologically challenged. I don't know where it comes from. My dad is a computer engineer. Actually, I know exactly where it comes from--It comes from my mom. Every time we see her she has a list of questions to ask Rob about her ipod, computer, email settings....etc. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

Anyway, all that to say that I somehow deleted my previous post with the salsa recipe. So here it is again. Maybe my blog will obey me and space the recipe correctly this time.

This salsa is so delicious and fresh-tasting. It is also less expensive than buying salsa and makes a ton. And best of all, it keeps in the fridge for a month. Although usually we scarf it immediately and have to make more. Which is no big deal because it takes 2 minutes to make this salsa.

Salsa

1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeded (OR a few fork-fulls of jarred jalapenos)
4-6 green onions cut in thirds
2-3 garlic cloves
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 small can diced green chiles
salt to taste
Throw everything into the blender except the green chiles. Blend. Add the green chiles. Eat it on everything. Seriously--everything. Chips (Preferably My Nana's which are the best chips on the face of the earth and have the same calorie count as baked chips!), eggs, tacos, mixed with ranch on salads....the possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

  1. So weird...when I walked into your house the other day and saw the bag on My Nana's I was like sweet...there must be salsa, then I thought I really need that recipe. hmmm now I have it and may be living off of salsa and My Nana's for the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday and LOVE it!! So did Matt. And I love how easy and cheap it is. Thanks Val!

    ReplyDelete