11/20/09

Chicken with Shallots & Balsamic Sauce



I found this recipe somewhere....I really don't know where. I remember making it about a year or so ago when I was still pregnant with Elise and now she's a year old, so...who knows! I'm assuming it was off of a blog or something because it definitely wasn't Allrecipes.com. Anyway, it was really good and I stumbled upon the recipe in my enormous pile of print-outs while looking for mac-n-cheese recipe for Elise's birthday party. I made the chicken last night. It's really really good and I think the sauce would be great on pork chops or even a steak too. I didn't have any shallots so I used 3/4 of a red onion sliced and it worked out great. Try this! Take your usual grilled chicken to the next level without having to buy a zillion strange and expensive ingredients.

To make the chicken I heated 2 tsp. canola oil and some cooking spray in a frying pan. I cooked each side over med-high heat for 3 minutes, lowered the heat to med-low and covered it and cooked for an additional 5 minutes.





Chicken with Shallots & Balsamic Glaze

1 lb chicken breasts, grilled baked or saute'd (seasoned with salt & pepper)





Sauce:


5 shallots (or about 1 cup sliced red onion)

1 T olive oil

salt & pepper


1/4 cup balsamic vinegar


1/2 cup chicken broth

2 generous T. apricot jam

Heat the olive oil over med-high heat add shallots/onions, salt and pepper. Saute' the onions until they are getting soft. Reduce heat to medium add the balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil for a minute. Reduce heat again add the chicken broth and jam cooking for another few minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Ta Da! That's it.







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment