11/23/09

Corn Casserole

Again, no picture. The pan for this stuff was licked clean after the potluck. BUT JUST TRUST ME this is so yummy. My mom has been making this every Thanksgiving and Christmas since I can remember. Whenever I take this anywhere it's a hit and everyone wants the recipe. The best part is it is really simple. Not so great for the waistline, but really easy and fast to put together. The word casserole is a bit of a turnoff for me, so I thought of calling it "Corn Pudding" or "Corn Cake", but I started to think of pudding which automatically takes me to chocolate pudding with lots of whipped cream and then you add corn to that picture, and I threw up in my mouth a little bit so I decided to stay with casserole!
Corn Casserole

2 cans whole kernel corn, drained well
2 cans creamed corn
2 sticks butter, melted
2 cups sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
2 packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
salt & pepper

Mix everything together. Pour into a greased 9x13'' pan. Bake at 350 an hour or until the middle isn't jiggly anymore.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment