11/30/09

Money Saving Monday: Coupons

Coupons can really really save you money. But sometimes they don't. I used to try to manage all of my coupons myself and go to the store with a stack of coupons and dig through them and try to find what I needed. Only in the end I usually found that even with a coupon it was cheaper to just buy the store brand...so that's what I usually did. Which in my opinion, is fine. Go for it, buy the store brand.


However, I've found now that by using an online coupon manager you can really save quite a bit more AND buy the store brands. I use The Grocery Game, but I've also heard that Coupon Sense is great too. What I've learned to like about The Grocery Game is that you really only need to go to one store. And if you go to the same store regularly you will always end up getting what you need on sale and with your coupon....so essentially for a fraction of the regular price.


Lots of people say, "Yah but we don't eat lots of processed foods like hamburger helper and velveeta cheese." Well, if you read my recipes at all you'll see that we usually don't either. BUT, I save a lot of money on toiletries, paper produces, cleaning/laundry supplies, dry and canned goods, snacks...the list goes on.


Just to give you an idea, I usually spend about $60 per week on groceries for a family of four and that usually includes a bottle of wine and occasionally a package of diapers. So, give coupons a shot. You really will save!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment