12/21/09

Money Saving Monday--More Homemade Gifts

I was checking out Our Best Bites the other day, one of my favorite food blogs and she had the greatest list of homeade gift ideas. So of course the second I glanced at the list I made a split-second decision to make these peppermint brownies. As a homemade gift for myself. And I guess to take to our bible study Christmas party tonight too. So I guess it's a homemade gift for other people who will get the priviledge to enjoy them too. The only thing I changed in the recipe is to use a box of brownie mix instead of making my own with bittersweet chocolate squares. I'm sure I am capable of making the brownies from scratch...I just chose not to.

Feel free to do as you wish. I used the Ghirardelli box of mix from Costco--because it's sooo delcious. But next time I think I'll use one without any chocolate chunks because with the peppermint frosting, chocolate ganache, and candy cane chunks on top, the chocolate chunks were a bit much. But, don't worry I still managed to choke down two before bed last night. If you can find an hour in the middle of your probably mile-long Christmas list...make these. They're so good. As a homemade Christmas gift for someone...or not.

On a final note I'd like to quote one of my favorite movies, "I don't know what to say but, it's Christmas ... and we're all in misery." Name that movie!






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment