12/15/09

Peppermint White Mocha



I LOOOOVE Starbucks. In the summer I usually get an iced Americano with splenda and a splash of half & half. In the winter I usually get a double tall skinny vanilla latte. Because I'm on a perpetual diet I've learned to like the drinks that have very few calories and no sugar. And I really do love those drinks. I'm one of those people that actually likes the taste of coffee--call me crazy!

BUT at Christmas time I always indulge myself a few times in a double tall nonfat one pump peppermint white mocha. (I'm that person in the ordering line with a ten-word order!) I looove that drink. It's like Christmas in a cup. So this year I've been trying to re-create it at home so I can control the calories AND the budget. This is what I have come up with--I like it.



We have a Keurig coffee machine which we looove. It pretty much makes your cup of coffee for you. So I just put the candies in the bottom of my cup and then make the coffee right on top of it. If you have a regular coffee pot, just pour your piping hot coffee on top and it should melt the candies right up.



Peppermint White Mocha


4 candy cane Hershey's Kisses
1 mini candy cane
1 cup of coffee--however much you usually put in a cup, not a measuring cup
2 Tb half & half
Whipped cream, optional



Unwrap the candy and put them in the bottom of your cup. Pour coffee over the top. Add half and half and top with whipped cream...enjoy!

**If you're one of those people that doesn't really like the taste of coffee you may need to add a few more candies or a couple Tb of sugar or sweetener.










post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment