1/13/10

Greek Pasta Salad

We had a big meeting at church last week and my husbandd asked if I could make dinner for it. Of course I don't mind because I love to cook, but he gave me a veeeery rough estimate of people, "35-50". Being that budgets are tight I was trying to come up with an inexpensive, but good meal that feeds a lot of people and doesn't require hours and hours of time to assemble. So, I decided to make Meatball Subs, Pasta Salad, and Dessert. Every cost added(including water & ice, plates & napkins, and food) was less than $120 which is great that many people.
I just threw ingredients together to make this pasta salad but people thought it was amazing so I'm posting the recipe. (It really did turn out well).

Greek Pasta Salad

1 lb short cut pasta (bowties, penne...)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small can black olives, halved
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 small bunch broccoli, but in small spears
1/2 cucumber, peeled & thinly sliced
1 small bunch basil thinly sliced or torn
6-8 oz crumbled feta cheese
10 oz bottled italian dressing
3-5 oz bottled red pepper vinaigrette (any brand)
Cook pasta al dente, drain rinse and cool. Toss in all veggies and toss with dressing. Chill several hours or overnight.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment