1/10/10

Reuben Sandwich




I love sandwiches with all sorts of fun toppings. When I was a kid my mom would grill up Reuben's for dinner on occasion and I always loved it! I'm not a huge fan of the typical corned beef so I make them with ham. At Christmas time I needed a pound of ham for a soup and I decided to buy the whole spiral sliced ham because it was only $1.17/lb and I figured I could get creative with the leftovers...and I made Reuben's the other night for a super cheap, but yummy dinner.

The recipe I'm giving is just for an individual sandwich, and I'm kind of embarrassed to call it a recipe...because it's so simple but here's just a clever idea of what to do with that leftover frozen Christmas ham.




Ham Reuben Sandwich
Thinly sliced ham
Rye Bread, 2 slices per sandwich
Softened butter
Sour Kraut (drained well--as much as you like)
Swiss Cheese, 2 thin slices per sandwich
1 T Thousand Island dressing per sandwich
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Assemble the sandwich: one slice of cheese, ham, sour kraut, thousand island dressing, one slice of cheese and top it off with the other piece of buttered bread. Cook on each side 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is melted. (Flip carefully!)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment