1/9/10

White Chicken Chili


I saw this recipe on a Rachael Ray episode several months ago and I tried it the other day....mmmmm good. I waited too long to even try it, it's so good. Rob isn't a big fan of having soup for dinner but he said I could make this once a week so that's really saying something. I threw all the ingredients in the crockpot within 5 minutes and everything cooked and was ready within 2 hours.






White Chicken Chili


4-5 cups diced cooked chicken
12-16 ounces salsa
4 cups water plus 4 tsp chicken base (or 4 c. chicken stock)
3 cans white beans (not-drained)
4 garlic cloves
1 Tb cumin
pepper to taste
8 oz block pepper jack cheese, shredded or cubed

Put all ingredients in a crockpot. Cook on high until the cheese is melted. (2 hours is plenty) I topped it with crushed tortilla chips.  OR you can put eveything except the cheese in a stock pot and simmer 20 minutes adding the cheese at the end and stirring until melted.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment