1/8/10

Chorizo Queso Dip


Sorry for the delay in recipe posts this week. I caught this cruddy cold/flu that was miserable and I didn't get dressed or leave the house several days this week. I'm feeling better now so I'm posting my favorite recipe so far in 2010...it's so good. Great for a party, Super Bowl, or just to stuff your face with on a Saturday. The dip isn't very good for the typical New Year's weight loss Resolution, but I DID use 2% milk Velveeta and it turned out just as good, with half the fat! I've always been a big queso dip fan, but when my friend Amber made hers with chorizo...it was love. She used half chorizo, half ground beef so of course I had to take it to the next level and this is what I came up with...the whole neighborhood loved it at our bonfire last week!

Chorizo Queso Dip

1 lb fresh pork chorizo (don't buy the stuff in the tube...too greasy)
2 cans pinto beans, drained (or use your own frozen pintos)
2 cups salsa
1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
1 4 oz can chopped jalapenos (drained very well)
1 2 lb block Velveeta cheese, cubed

Tortilla chips for dipping

Brown the chorizo and drain well, then drain again on paper towels. Layer all the ingredients in a medium-large crockpot and cook on high for 35 min-hour stirring occasionally until the cheese is all melted. Turn the heat down to "warm" to keep hot and gooey for as long as you need. Serve with chips and a dollop of sour cream if you like.
PS I'm uploading the pic of caramel rolls now so check it out if you're wondering. (It's the pre-baked picture only so I guess I'll just have to make them again.)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment