1/4/10

Money Saving Monday--Wine Cubes

I found this tip in a magazine recently...I just can't remember where. There was lots of magazine reading over Christmas break. BUT I did remember the tip so that's something, right?


Anyway, here's the tip--If you have an opened bottle of wine that you aren't going to finish within a couple days it will go bad, which is a waste! SO pour the wine into ice cube trays and freeze, then keep them in a ziploc bag in the freezer. Next time a recipe calls for wine defrost a few cubes and you're ready to go! (Note: 2 cubes equals about 1/4 cup)
I'm really excited about this tip because I do not like to waste food (or drinks) and there's many times that I find myself throwing out a half glass of wine that's been sitting in the fridge for a while.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment