1/3/10

Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting


I don't bake. At least not from scratch. Usually. For Elise's birthday party I made box cupcakes and homemade frosting so they seemed homemade. I mean, I had to have a dessert that would hold up to the goodness of my pulled pork and homemade barbecue sauce and macaroni and cheese with truffle oil. I think this frosting did the trick. (I also added extra oil to the mix to make the cupcakes extra moist.) So anyway, I digress. The frosting turned out really yummy. Even our picky friends liked it. It does need to be refrigerated so I froze the cupcakes and then put them out into the cupcake stand frozen so they would stay cold.


Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting

1 block cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c whipping cream
1 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract


In a small bowl cream the cream cheese with a mixer until...creamy. (Lots of cream going on here) Add in sugar and vanilla and combine. In a small bowl beat the whipping cream on high until peaks form. Gently fold in the whipped cream until incorporated. Keep refrigerated. This frosting is great on chocolate or white cake.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment