2/7/10

Truffled Parmesan Popcorn


I thought I'd do a quick post of possible game food. Even though it's the last minute, you will probably have all of these ingredients on hand (if you obeyed me and bought the truffle oil, that is). I made this the other day because for some strange reason I was craving popcorn and my four year-old and I ate this for lunch. He scarfed just as much as I did! (I also gave him some diet orange soda to accompany the popcorn and that was a hit as well.)



Truffled Parmesan Popcorn
2 Tb canola oil (or any light-colored oil)
1/4 cup popcorn seeds
2-3 Tb butter
1-2 tsp truffle oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Pour the oil in a stock pot over medium heat and drop one popcorn seed in there. Put the lid on and wait for the single seed to pop. Toss in the other popcorn in the pot (it should be just enough to cover the bottom of the pot.) Cover the pot and shake it continuously as the popcorn starts popping. When you aren't hearing any pops anymore dump the popcorn into a bowl. Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave, add in the truffle oil and drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Yum.


 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment