2/17/10

Turkey Hummus Wrap


This is a great lunch idea. I'm always looking for something for lunch that isn't going to kill my calorie count for the day but that is yummy and filling and not a peanut butter sandwich. This is one of my favorite go-to lunches that is great to make for a friend coming over too.

For the veggies on the inside, use whatever you have on hand. A lot of times if I make roasted or grilled veggies the night before I'll pile in the leftovers on my wrap and it's so yummy.

I always use the Flat-Out Wraps. They're low in calories and carbs and high in fiber. But obviously use whichever kind of wraps you like. I love the spinach wraps too. Someday if I ever wake up with a metabolism, I'll use those. This is the "recipe" for one wrap, but just a guideline.

Turkey Hummus Wrap
1 wrap or large tortilla
4 oz turkey or other deli meat
1-2 Tb hummus
veggies of your choosing, I used lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumbers, and bean sprouts
Siracha for dipping. (This is not really optional, it is so yummy to dip your wrap in some spicy, garlicky Siracha sauce. You can find Siracha in the asian aisle at the grocery store.)

If your wrap is on the dry side, warm it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Spread the hummus evenly over the wrap. On one side of the wrap lay out your turkey, then pile the veggies on top and roll the wrap up. Easy peasy.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment