2/18/10

P-Dub's Lasagna

It's really rare that the Pioneer Woman steers me wrong. (Actually I can't think of any time she has.) So when I wanted to make a simple lasagna for a party, I looked to her. Once again, she did not steer me wrong. I was a bit leery of this recipe because it was soooo simple. But I tried it...and it is the best! Seriously. This lasagna melts in your mouth.

I made very few changes to the original recipe. The only things I changed: 1-extra garlic. Why not? 2-Instead of boiling the noodles I soaked them in water for a few minutes and then baked them like that. Turned out great. 3-I added a cup of water to the sauce while it was simmering so it was a little more...saucy. 4- I used shredded mozzarella, because I'm cheap.
Super Delicous Lasagna. Simple. Easy. Quick. Few ingredients. Try it!

P-Dub's Lasagna
1-½ pound Ground Beef
1 pound Hot Breakfast Sausage
6 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes
2 cans (6 Ounce) Tomato Paste
2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
1 c. water
1 teaspoon Salt
3 cups Lowfat Cottage Cheese
2 whole Beaten Eggs
½ cups Grated (not Shredded) Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
1 teaspoon Salt
1 pound sliced or shredded Mozzarella Cheese
8 Lasagna Noodles

Put the noodles in a pot of water, set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan, combine ground beef, sausage, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain the fat. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil and salt, and water. Simmer for thirty minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan, 2 more tablespoons parsley, and 1 more teaspoon salt. Stir together well. Set aside. Drain the noodles off and set aside.

Arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover cottage cheese with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Spoon a little less than half the meat mixture over the top.
Repeat, ending with meat mixture. Sprinkle top generously with extra Parmesan.
Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days, or bake immediately: 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment