3/25/10

Jalapeno Poppers

I never would have made this recipe because I would've been afraid of it...don't be afraid. My neighbors make this for all of our get togethers, mostly because if they didn't, the rest of us would riot. One night when I was pregnant with my daughter I ate so many of these that I didn't sleep well for two days.

They are surprisingly not very spicy (unless you're pregnant and have reflux)...but SUPER delicious.
AND very simple.
AND inexpensive. So make some for your next party, get together or barbecue. Heck we'll be sitting in the pool and Nick will serve them poolside. They go with anything.

Jalapeno Poppers

  • 12-16 jalapenos
  • 1 8 oz block cream cheese (more if you're super generous with the cream cheese)
  • 1 package bacon OR turkey bacon

Preheat your oven to 425. Wearing gloves slice the jalapenos lengthwise down the middle and scoop out the ribs and seeds with a spoon. Make sure you wash your hands veeery well and don't touch your eyes for a while! Next using a spoon scoop cream cheese into the jalapeno halves and place on a baking sheet. Slice all of the bacon in half and wrap the bacon around the jalapenos, securing with a toothpick. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. I don't like the peppers to be mushy so don't overbake! ENJOY!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment