4/20/10

Broccoli Salad


Mmm. I love this salad.
Growing up we had loads of family get togethers and everyone on my moms side would bring a dish. My Aunt Terri started bringing this broccoli salad one year and I would eat it until I was bloated like a floater. Gross, that's a little descriptive, but seriously. This is a yummy salad, great for picnics or barbecues.

You should make this. At Sam's Club and Costco they sell giant bags of broccoli florettes for a great price.

Also--I would like to take this opportunity to plug reduced fat/calorie mayo. You can absolutely use Best Foods or Kraft mayo that is made with olive oil or canola oil and it is reduced fat/calorie and it tastes good!! Really. BUT I am all for using store brand produces, but mayo is not one of those things. Spring for the good stuff!

Broccoli Salad
4-5 c. broccoli florettes (depending on how dressing-y you like it)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
8 strips bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. golden raisins
2 Tb sunflower seeds
Dressing:
1 c mayo
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c cider vinegar
salt and pepper
Toss all the salad ingredients into a bowl. In a small bowl mix together the dressing and pour over the broccoli mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment