4/16/10

Crash Hot Potatoes

I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman...surprise surprise. I have a food crush on Pioneer Woman. She is so amazing. Her food is so amazing.

I made these to go with a big beef tenderloin and some roasted asparagus and it was all a hit. Seriously. A hit. The picture is of the last two potatoes which I ate for lunch the next day. The original recipe calls for new potatoes, but I was too cheap to spend the extra money on them so I just used regular red potatoes and they worked great.



Crash Hot Potatoes
Red potatoes, however many you want. I used 4 lbs red potatoes
olive oil
sea salt
cracked black pepper

Boil the potatoes until done. Preheat your oven to 450. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet and place the boiled potatoes on the sheet with a little space in between. Smash them down with a potato masher. Drizzle more oil on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, they should be nicely browned. YUM
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23/4/10

    Yummm Val!!! Thanks for all your great ideas! I love the pictures because they really make me want to try new recipes!
    Love you!!!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete