4/13/10

Pineapple Cupcakes

I love pineapple. I saw a recipe for a cupcake like this on a blog and I can NOT find the original blog post mostly because I can't remember which food blog I found it on--so my apologies! I will continue to look for it.

Anyway, I love pineapple. It's so sweet and juicy and yummy. Fresh pineapple is like no other. But I'll always settle for canned too. These cupcakes turned out really moist and delicious.




Pineapple Cupcakes:


1 16 0z can crushed pineapple divided, juice reserved
Cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix, mixed as directed1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 c. crushed pineapple (from the drained can of crushed pineapple)

Frosting:

1 8 oz block cream cheese
the remainder of pineapple
1 stick butter, softened
4 c. powdered sugar
1 c. cool whip or freshly whipped cream

Preheat your oven. Drain the can of pineapple, reserving the juice. Mix the cake mix as directed substituting the reserved pineapple juice for some of the water. Stir in the pudding mix and 1 c. pineapple. Bake as directed.

While the cupcakes are cooling prepare the frosting. Puree the remainder of the pineapple in a small food processer or blender. Cream together cream cheese and pineapple and butter. Mix in sugar 1 c. at a time. Gently fold in whipped cream or cool whip. Frost the cupcakes with a generous amount of frosting and refrigerate until serving.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment