5/21/10

Greek Salad

Three summers ago my grandparents in-law took all 40-ish of us on a mediteranean cruise to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. We're spoiled, what can I say. It was my first time to visit Greece and I absolutely LOVED it--beautiful country, beautiful ocean, wonderful food! I brought home a bunch of olives, olive oil, and wine. I'm a little geeky/shallow that way. When we go somewhere I'm all about the food...the clothing shopping and history is secondary to me.

While in Santorini for the day (my favorite spot) we ate at a restaurant and they made an amazing lunch for us and the greek salad wasnot what we think of in the states...there was no lettuce involved. It was so good, so now I make it sometimes here. Yum.







Greek Salad

4 beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and coarsely diced
2 cucumbers, peeled and quartered and cut into chunks
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 can black or kalamata olives halved
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
pepper
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

Mix together all the vegetables, oregano, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to your liking. Enjoy!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment