5/26/10

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I adapted this recipe from my favorite banana bread recipe that I found in Cooking Light. I don't care for bananas...at all. In fact they are the one food that gives me the gag reflex, but somehow I do like banana bread...go figure, but whatever. I just like it. I wanted something a little more dessert-y so I added chocolate chips and changed a couple other ingredients from the original recipe. It was super yummy, really moist, and also doubled as a sweet breakfast for my kids.







Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

2 c. flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1/3 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixter for a minute until well combine. Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated. Add banana sour cream and vanilla, mix until just combined. Add flour mixture and mix until moist. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray a loaf pan generously with cooking spray and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely on a rack.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment