8/2/10

Boneless Country Style Ribs


I still can't get my PC to connect to the internet, which in itself just proves that I am not a smart girl. (Cue Forrest Gump impression.) Unfortunately the computer is 7 years old and has begun sounding like a quad riding though my kitchen. This cannot be good. I don't know how to use our external hard drive, so hopefully my husband makes it home from China in time to save all the pictures and documents from the computer before it actually dies for good!

Anyway, I have plenty of great recipes to share with you--just no pictures. SO I promise to update the photos if I get them back!

This recipe is a great option all year round. I can almost always find the country style ribs for $2 or less/pound and we really like them. They are a pretty lean cut of meat--I prefer the pork which is super lean but you need to cook them slowly for them to be tender.

This is a perfect main dish to serve with baked beans, sweet potato fries, OR if you're feeling crazy some homemade macaroni and cheese!

For this recipe I used a bottle of Kraft barbecue sauce which isn't generally my favorite, but I got several bottles for $.40 per bottle so obviously being as frugal as I am I will make do with the Kraft bbq sauce!

**Note, my friend Erin--who is a great cook by the way-- asked me what liquid smoke was and I figured if she didn't know (being as she is a cook) maybe someone else wouldn't know either. SO--here's a little explanation: liquid smoke is mostly used in bbq recipes, especially sauces to give that "smoky" flavor. A little bit goes a long way so just use a dash, taste and you can always add more. Here's a link to the brand I have on hand so you can see what it looks like. It's sold in any grocery store in the same aisle as the worcestershire sauce/soy sauce. Probably high on the shelf. Any brand will do!

Boneless Country Style Ribs

2 lbs boneless country style pork ribs

Sauce:
1 bottle barbecue sauce
2 Tb honey
dash of liquid smoke
2 Tb brown sugar
1 Tb worcestershire sauce
Tabasco to taste
1/2 onion, grated

Preheat oven to 250. Put the ribs in a pot of water and boil for 20-30 minutes (you can also add a dash of the liquid smoke to the boiling water for extra smoky flavor). While the ribs are boiling mix all sauce ingredients together, and set aside. When the boiling is completed, drain off the water. Place the ribs in a baking dish and cover with the sauce. Bake for one hour. The ribs should be super tender.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment