8/19/10

Three Bean Salad


I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Mommy's Kitchen. Her food is just so homey and not really Weight Watchers friendly, but totally comfort food. If someone has a baby or a death in the family or a sad day, look to her for a super yummy comfort meal recipe. I usually check her blog a couple times a week.

Anyway, when I read this recipe I was immediately transported back to Scott County Park on the 4th of July during my childhood where my grandpa was standing over a gigantic grill cooking Oscar Mayer hot dogs and we all ate homemade potato salad and....someone always made the three bean salad. Maybe it's a 90's thing, or maybe it's a Midwest thing, but I love three bean salad and apparently Arizonans aren't big bean salad eaters because I haven't had this in years and years! SO, I quickly made out my grocery list bought the ingredients I needed and made this salad the same day I found the recipe. It's really good! Super simple, and somewhat healthy, and very inexpensive--try it! It gets better the longer it sits in the fridge so plan ahead!

Three Bean Salad
dressing:
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. vinegar
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Bring dressing ingredients to a boil for just a minute. Remove from heat and let cool while you assemble other salad ingredients.

Salad:
1 can wax beans, drained
1 can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
1 can cut green beans, drained
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
3-4 stalks celery, finely diced

Mix everything together and chill at least 3 hours before serving.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment