9/30/10

Corn and Black Bean Salad

I LOVE this salad, it's super fresh and summery.  Because it's so summery I thought I'd better put it up on here really quick before tomatoes and peppers are out of season.  The recipe calls for canned corn but I had some fresh corn from the produce basket so I used that--yum!  I made this with some yellow rice and grilled steaks and it was a great summer meal.







Corn and Black Bean Salad

1 can corn, drained (or 2 c. fresh or frozen corn)
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
6 green onions sliced or 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped (if you don't like things spicy take out the seeds)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. cilantro chopped
3/4 c. italian dressing
1 tb. lemon juice
3/4 tsp tabasco
1/2 tsp chili powder

Combine all the vegetables in a bowl.  In a smaller bowl combine italian dressing, lemon juice, tabasco and chili powder.  Mix together salad and dressing and chill for several hours. 




post signature

1 comment:

  1. This was a hit at the rehearsal dinner. I've referred several people to your website when asked for the recipe. Thanks! And, thanks for coming to Iowa to prepare it for Drew & Kellie's party.

    ReplyDelete