10/1/10

Mango Salsa

Here's another summer recipe I have to sneak in real quick before the mangos are all gone!  These mangos were another treasure from our produce basket and they were so juicy and delicious.  Rob loves mangos just diced up on top of vanilla ice cream.  We've decided next summer we'll get an ice cream maker and make our own vanilla ice cream and the mangos will be even better with that!
I was always leery of trying fruit salsas because something about it just creeped me out, but I did it and we all LOVED this salsa.  It's sweet and spicy all at the same time.  My almost 2 year-old ate this with a spoon.

Mango Salsa

1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
2 Tb red onion, minced
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced (leave the seeds in if you want it spicy, take the seeds out if you want it mild)
juice of a lime
salt & pepper to taste

Mix it all together and refrigerate at least an hour. Enjoy!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment