10/16/10

Cornbread Salad

Last Halloween we had a chili party on the driveway with the neighborhood and my friend/next door neighbor had so much cornbread leftover she made a cornbread salad.  We loved it!  I kind of forgot about it until this summer when we were at a church potluck and someone made it there and something about the yummy-ness of the salad combined with my pregnancy hormones and I was addicted.  I had to figure out how to make it.  So during the prayer meeting I quickly texted myself all the ingredients I could see in the salad (don't tell anyone) and then I found something that looked similar on allrecipes.com.  Here it is.  I really really liked it, Rob was just a medium fan of it.  But I will say that this makes a LOT so have company. 

Cornbread Salad
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix, mixed and baked as directed (9x13'' pan)
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
2 c. sour cream
1 c. mayo
10 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
2 cans pinto beans, rinsed & drained
1 can corn, drained well
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 bunch green onions, sliced
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Whisk together mayo, sour cream and ranch mix.  Once cornbread is cooled completely crumble half of it into the bottom of a large serving bowl.  Layer half the beans, tomatoes, pepper, onions, corn cheese, bacon and spread half the dressing over the top.  Then repeat with the rest of the cornbread, veggies, cheese and dressing.  Chill at least 2 hours.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment