10/6/10

Mexican Spaghetti

My friend gave me this recipe, and we really loved it.  Again with the Velveeta cheese...I can't help myself!  I made a couple changes only because I wanted it a bit milder for the kids (and I was still pregnant and couldn't take the heat!)  So adjust the heat level with more or less jalapenos.  The picture is on the old harddrive that died and wasn't backed up so I think it's gone forever!

Mexican Spaghetti
1 1/4 lb cooked chicken breast, cubed (I seasoned mine with chipotle chili powder, garlic and cumin)
1 lb cooked spaghetti
1 lb 2% milk Velveeta
1 can rotel
1-2 Tb chopped jalapeno
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
fresh cilantro

In a microwave safe bowl heat together the velveeta cheese and soups, stirring every minute until the cheese is melted. Combine the spaghetti, cheese mixture, rotel, chicken and jalapeno and pour into a 9x13'' pan.  Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Top with cilantro before serving.

**Note--IF you omit cheddar cheese on top, use 2% milk Velveeta, and 99% fat free cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup the entire pan has roughly 2472 calories.  That meas 1/9th has roughly 275 calories.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. sweet - I knew you would make it easier... I cut up the cheese in chunks and just bake it like that - but too much cheese in bites sometimes (if that is possible...) LOVE that you heat it up and melt it together FIRST... duh! and Cilantro! YUMMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove Velveeta cheese, but a big bite of it grosses me out!

    ReplyDelete