10/7/10

Quick Spanish Rice

Another Food Confession for you...I love Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice.  I don't know what it is about it, but I just love it.  So, usually when i'm doing burritos I whip up a box of Rice-a-Roni.  Last time though, I didn't have any on hand so I researched a few recipes online and put together a few ideas to make this recipe.  It turned out really well and it was really fast easy.  I had everything I needed which is something I love about a recipe--simplicity.

I'm sure I will make this over and over for a fast "mexican" side dish.

Quick Spanish Rice

1 Tb olive or canola oil
1 1/2 c. instant rice
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, un-drained
3/4 c. chicken broth (watch for wheat and soy)

Heat oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan.  Saute onions and green pepper until onions are transluscent.  Stir in garlic and rice and cook another minute or so.  Add in salt, seasoning, tomatoes and chicken broth and cook five minutes or until the rice is cooked.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment