11/21/10

Three Packet Pork Roast (or Beef)



Tonight we had this roast with mashed potatoes and acorn squash.  It was a hit.  I found the idea for this recipe on the crockpot lady's blog and I went with it even though it sounded strange.  It was very good, if I do say so myself, and I think it would be great with a regular beef roast too!  My husband sounded like "Bob" eating this, mmmm-ing every bite.







Three Packet Roast (Pork or Beef)

1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet italian dressing mix
1 packet gravy mix (I used chicken for the pork, but beef for...beef would be great)
2 c. water
3 lb roast
3-4 carrots, peeled and cut in half
1 onion, quartered

Mix the packet/seasonings together with the water and put in the bottom of your crockpot.  Place the roast on top and toss in the carrots and onion.  Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.  Serve with mashed potatoes or crash hot potatoes.  Yum.





post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment