12/20/10

Crab Dip



This dip is a Christmas tradition in my family.  My Aunt Michelle would always make it and I was so obsessed with it as a kid that she started making an extra plate of dip just for me.  (She loves me!) Which could be part of the reason I was the "chubby kid" but, hey I enjoyed it.

I love this recipe because it comes together really quickly and requires very few ingredients.  This is a great thing to whip up to take to a Christmas or New Year's party.

We like our sauce a little spicy so we add horseradish to the bottled cocktail sauce, which is completely optional for you.

Crab Dip

8 oz block cream cheese, softened
6 oz cocktail sauce (1/2 bottle)
1 tsp prepared horseradish, optional
8 oz imitation crab meat, chopped (or 8 oz baby shrimp works great too)

Using the back of a spoon, spread the cream cheese onto a small platter or large plate.  In a small bowl mix together the cocktail sauce and horseradish and spread the sauce on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle crab meat over the top of the cocktail sauce layer.  Serve with crackers, I prefer Wheat Thins.



post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment