12/8/10

Enchilada Skillet


I really, really need to work on my photography skills.  Really.  Especially now that it's winter and we don't have daylight savings and it gets dark so early...my photos are terrible.  I know it and now you know that I know it, so that should at least help the akwardness.

On to the food.  This is a really great recipe that is inexpensive and super fast to make and my family loves this.  The best part about it is that it makes really great leftovers.  It's one of those meals that seems to actually taste better the next day!

I originally got this recipe out of a magazine in a Campbell's soup ad and of course I had to doctor itup a bit, but it's a great go -to for us.  I made it for a friend's family and they really liked it too!

Enchilada Skillet

1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tb taco seasoning
1 can condensed tomato soup
3/4 c. salsa (jarred or make your own)
3/4 c. water
7 6-inch flour tortillas, cut into 1'' squares
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream


Brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet.  Drain off the fat and add in the onion and garlic cooking for another two minutes or so.  Stir in the seasoning, tomato soup, salsa, water and tortillas.  Bring to a boil and lower the heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up and the tortillas have soaked most of it up.  Top with the shredded cheese and let rest a minute until the cheese has melted.  Serve with a dollop of sour cream. YUM.

*stir in 1 c. frozen corn at the end if you want to skip the side.


post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment