1/10/11

Jazzed Up Jalapeno Poppers


I have to say that the original jalapeno popper recipe that I got from my neighbor are SO amazing.  BUT seriously, these are out of the park.  I mean, really.  I could. not. stop. eating these. And  neither could anyone else.  I saw this recipe originally on the Pioneer Woman's blog one week when I was trying to read every recipe she ever blogged.  Then, for Christmas day appetizer I wanted to make them and I couldn't find the recipe on her site.  So of course, thanks to google, I found the recipe on the Good Morning America site. 

I'm thinking a triple batch for Super Bowl party...one batch for Rob and I to split, two batches for everyone else.

21 jalapenos
1 1/2 blocks cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, minced
21 slices bacon (Preferably Oscar Mayer center cut bacon, 21 slices in the package and it's not fatty)
barbecue sauce (if you're gluten-free watch for that)
gloves
toothpics

Heat oven to 300.  Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onions in a bowl.  Set aside.  Rinse the jalapenos in a colander.  Then wearing gloves cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a small spoon to remove the ribs and seeds.  This is a time-consuming job, but it pays off!  Using the spoon, generously fill the jalapenos with t he cream cheese filling.  Then, cut the entire package of bacon slices in half and wrap half a slice of bacon around each jalapeno and secure it with a toothpick across the jalapeno.  Place them all on a baking sheet (optional, place on a wire rack on a baking sheet.) Baste with barbecue sauce and bake for 45 minutes.  Serve hot.  Or warm, lukewarm, room-temp, or the next day straight from a tupperware in the fridge.



post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment