2/14/11

Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza



So I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on Food Network the other day and he visited Capones Pub & Grill in Idaho and ate this amaing looking Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza.  So of course I watched closely how they made it and took a stab at my own version Friday night.  It was SOOO good, usually we have a slice or two of pizza leftover after pizza night but all that was left was a lonely chunk of artichoke heart.

This isn't necessarily a low-fat pizza but it's worth having!  The original pizza came with kalamata olives which I love, but Rob isn't an olive fan so I skipped out on the olives.

As usual I don't like to measure out a bunch of ingredients so I bought a pizza dough ball at Trader Joe's and it worked great.  Making your own pizza crust would be superb I'm sure.  To season my chicken I used garlic pepper, granulated garlic, and a sprinkle of sea salt.  Salt, pepper and garlic would be just fine. I used 10 garlic cloves for this pizza and next time I think I'll do more...but we're crazy about garlic.




Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza
  • 1 pizza dough (preferably not a can of dough for this one)
  • pizza sauce (I make my own with tomato paste, tomato sauce, garlic and italian seasoning.)
  • 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 2-3 Tb julienned sundried tomatoes
  • 10 garlic cloves (or more), roasted
  • 1 large chicken breast, seasoned, grilled and chopped
  • 1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
  • 2 Tb butter
  • 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
  • 1Tb grated parmesan cheese

To make the roasted garlic: Peel all the cloves of garlic and put in a piece of foil.  Drizzle with oil or spray with Pam and close the foil around the garlic.  Bake at 375 30-45 minutes, it will be light brown and smell amazing when it's done.  Set aside and chop the garlic when it's cool.

For the Pizza: Preheat the oven to 425 (or suggested oven temperature on the dough).  Roll the pizza crust out on a stone or pan pulling the excess dough out and folding over to create an edge crust.  Bake the empty crust for 5-8 minutes until it's firmed up but not completely cooked.  Pull out the crust and top with sauce, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic, and mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven for 5-8 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and crust is browning.  In the meantime melt the butter and stir in the parmesan cheese and granulated garlic.  When the pizza comes out brush the crust with garlic butter.  Pour the remaining butter mixture over the cooked, chopped chicken and toss to combine.  Put the chicken over the top of the pizza, slice and eat!


http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcrackedupkitchen.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F02%2Froasted-garlic-chicken-pizza.html&media=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-QlViCkVkw0k%2FUIQ6rOPGh8I%2FAAAAAAAAAKg%2Fu4h4gIcjRGY%2Fs1600%2Froasted%2Bgaric%2Bchick%2Bpizza.JPG&description=Roasted%20Garlic%20Chicken%20Pizza

post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment