5/31/11

Pasta Rustico


This is a super simple, quick dinner that my family loves so it's great for a busy night.  I used my homemade marinara but a jar would be fine too.

I usually make this meat-free on a night when I've had a busy day and forgot to thaw meat, but italian sausage or sliced chicken would be great in this too.







Pasta Rustico

1 lb short-cut pasta (I used brown rice ziti)
3-4 c. marinara (I used 4)
1/2 c. fresh grated parmesan cheese
2 bunches OR one bag spinach, coarsley chopped
3/4-1 c. ricotta cheese

Boil pasta according to package directions.  While the pasta is cooking steam the spinach in the microwave until just wilted, 1-2 minutes.  Drain the pasta, and pour the marinara sauce into the hot pot and warm the sauce.  Stir together marinara, pasta, spinach, parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese.  Serve immediately.





post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment